Let joy be unconfined, let speculation begin, and let outraged idiots start writing to the Daily Mail demanding every third Extra Strong Mint to be refunded as compensation for their license fee – Jonathan Ross is back! Yes indeed, in a mere matter of weeks, he’ll be back on the airwaves to ask Dead Ernest Idiots why they don’t just Manuel Off, and on his big comeback show he’ll be joined by Stephen Fry, Lee Evans, Franz Ferdinand and… a mystery fourth guest.
Yes, for reasons unknown, the BBC are keeping the identity of the other sofa-sharer strictly under wraps for the moment, probably in the vain hope of fuelling speculation that it’ll turn out to be Russell Brand, as if anyone’s really likely to believe that they’ll indulge themselves with such a PR-battering risky move in a climate where dribbling morons are now complaining that GRR GRR LYING NIGELLA LAWSON IT ISN’T EVEN HER OWN REAL KITCHEN WHERE SHE LIVES AT HOME AND THAT’S NOT EVEN MIKE NESMITH’S REAL HAT.
Nonetheless, rumours are flying all over the place with everyone from National Treasure Andrew Sachs to National Treasure Andrews Sachs currently in the frame, seemingly oblivious of the fact that it’ll almost certainly turn out to be bloody Hervaid or Jimmy Carr or one of those. But on the remote basis that it isn’t, here’s a full rundown of what Out On Blue Six believes to be the hottest of hot contenders…
- The Shape out of Sapphire & Steel
- DC Comics’ ‘The Question’
- the rubbish Original Sylar from the pilot episode
- ITC Presents HG Wells’ Invisible Man
- John Barrowman, hilariously dressed as a Spanish waiter
- the cast of Hardwicke House
- ‘Pipes’ out of Ghostwatch
- that soldier who swore in Threads
- Jagged Edge
- Sendhil Ramamurthy, TV’s Mohinder From Heroes With A Bag On His Head And A Question Mark Drawn On It
- Michael Parkinson
- The Peppipam
- The Grimleys