Yes, it’s the return of the big money trivia quiz that makes all other big money trivia quizzes look like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, and also like they have some actual big money or indeed any money at all involved at some point, The Nation’s Biggest Ever Great Big Michael Parkinson Quiz!
Will you attain the giddy heights of ‘journalist’, or languish in the lowly doldrums of ‘moaning about the cricket in rolled-up sleeves’? Just answer the ten questions below and you too can discover your very own Parky Rating(TM)…!
- Which of the following was not one of the ‘Famous Five’ that helped Parky launch TV-am – Anna Ford, Roland Rat, David Frost?
- What is the only known record ever to sample Michael Parkinson?
- What film was Meg Ryan ostensibly promoting when she famously blanked Parky?
- Which of the following was not a real Woofit: John Willie Woofit, Gaylord Woofit, Elton Woofit, Sendhil Woofit?
- Which of his notorious obsessions did Parky mention less than ten words into his supposed tribute to Bob Monkhouse: Billy Connolly, Jamie Cullum, Rod Stewart or ‘The Great American Songbook’?
- Who did Parky charmingly describe as “barely educated, ignorant, puerile… a woman who came to represent all that’s paltry and wretched about Britain today” within days of her death?
- After promising to appear on Parkinson in exchange for the moaning sod appearing on the cover of Band On The Run, how many years did ‘Dinners’ McCartney purposefully avoid having to fulfil his obligation for?
- Which chat-show hosting rivals did Parky generously describe as a) “over-contrived… tries to make himself the star of the show”, b) “cheap and silly”, c) “a pair of plastic boobs”?
- And which rival chat show host did Parky ban from his chain of pubs after they made a light-hearted joke about him on air?
- “you’ve been fantastic, enthusiastic”… who had, exactly?
BONUS QUESTION: What’s on after Parkinson?